Do you have number of PST files and you are finding it difficult to manage all those files? Have you ever had the need to merge PST files without duplicates? Nowadays, many users are looking for the solution to this problem. Although this is a massive need, but it is not easy to accomplish the task. Luckily, there are several methods and Merge tools for combining PST files together. In this blog post we are going to discuss few strategies to merge PST files and remove duplicates. First let us understand what is PST file and reason to merge different PST files.
What is PST file?
PST stands for Personal Storage Table in Outlook and it is a file format supported by the very popular email application MS Outlook. A PST file may contain Emails, notes, tasks, journals, contacts, calendar, etc.
Users QueryI have 3 different accounts in Outlook. And due to this, there are so many PST files including attachments and contacts save individually. It is getting tough for me to handle all the files. Is there any solution to merge Outlook PST files? Also, I want to remove duplicates files. Please guide me for the same. Thanks in advance.
So, on that note, here’s a quick but comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to merge PST files and remove duplicates.
How to merge PST files Manually
If you’re wondering how to combine PST files manually, this particular section is for you. The manual process consists of two parts. First, you need to make a new PST folder and then you can transfer all PST files in that folder. Here are the steps:
Part A: To Create a new PST Folder in Outlook, follow the below steps:
- Click on File tab >> New Items >> More Items >> Outlook Data File
- Now, set the desired location to save the New PST folder by giving it a name.
- Click on the OK button.
Part B: Import all PST Files into New PST Folder
- Go to File>> Open>> Import option.
- Now open Import/Export Wizard and select “Import from another program or file” option
- Next, select Outlook Data File (.pst) option and then click on Next.
- Click on Browse button and select the PST file that you want to migrate. Also select the option “Do not import duplicates”.
- Choose the folder to import from, tick Include Subfolder and Import items to the same folder in option.
- Finally, click on the Finish button.
So, that was the manual way to merge PST files without duplicates.
Limitations of Manual Method
- Time consuming and complex process.
- Can migrate only few Outlook data files
But, let’s suppose you have number of Outlook PST files to merge in one PST folder. Then, manual solution is not for you. You have to take the help of any third-party app.
Merge PST files using Professional Method- PST Merger Tool
When it comes to merge Outlook data files without duplicates, PST Merge Tool always proves itself the best tool to merge PST files. It allows you to combine multiple PST files including emails and attachments into a single folder. You can easily upload as many PST files as you need for merging. It also allows you to combine contacts in Outlook into single folder. Let’s see how this tool work.
Steps to Merge PST files without Duplicates are as follows:
Step 1. Download and Run PST Merger Tool in your system.
Step 2. Add PST files in the panel by clicking on Add File(s) or Add Folder options.
Step 3. Now choose options from: Merge PST and Join PST.
Step 4. Now choose Merge PST files into New PST, Existing PST or Outlook Profile and select the desired location to save the files.
Step 5. Finally, click on the Merge PST Files button.
Following the above steps, you can easily merge PST files and remove duplicates.
Unique Features of Outlook PST Merger Tool
- The tool is capable to merge multiple PST files without duplicates into a single PST folder including emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, and journals, etc.
- It has dual options for merging PST emails into software panel: Merge Outlook PST Files and Join PST Files.
- Outlook PST Merge Tool is capable to combine Outlook Archives and Password Protected PST files also.
- This application to merge PST files and remove duplicates provides an advanced option to combine selected folders so that users can only merge or join the required folders.
- The software offers freedom to choose destination folder for storing the output PST folder.
- This software keeps all email items and components during the process to merge PST files without removing duplicates.
As you can see, there are two ways to merge PST files without duplicates. Manual way is free method but it has some limitations like you cannot import bulk PST files using manual trick.
If you’re looking for a way to quickly merge multiple PST files and remove duplicates, then reference this article and use the PST Merger Tool that is suggested in this blog. And, if you don’t want to buy the tool beforehand then try the demo version of the product. Happy merging!
Yes, you can combine your different Outlook Accounts using Outlook PST Merger Software.
No, Outlook installation is not required to merge PST files into a new PST. If you merge with an existing PST or an Outlook profile, Outlook installation is mandatory.
This tool has a separate option to remove duplicate files during the merge process. You need to select that option in order to merge PST files and remove duplicates.