Summary: Do you want to import OLM file to Windows Outlook? And you don’t know where to start? If yes, then this is the right place. In this article, we are going to tell you how to open OLM file on Windows with the help of the Yota OLM to PST Converter tool. Download the tool for free to start the process to import OLM to Outlook Windows.
Microsoft Outlook is a very popular email client that is used by Mac and Windows both. But both the email clients use a different file format to store mailbox data. That is why users switching from Mac to Windows machines face the need to convert their mailbox data into Outlook-compatible format. This OLM Converter is the ideal tool to import Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook.
OLM file extension is a unique file format that saves emails, inboxes, calendars, contacts, and attachments on Outlook for Mac. The purpose and usage of the OLM file is the same as for Outlook Windows. But OLM files cannot be opened through Outlook for Windows.
As Windows Outlook supports Personal Storage Table file format. And it must be difficult for you to access your mailbox data if you are switching from Mac to Windows operating system. To open all your mailbox items including notes and calendars you need to convert OLM file to PST-supported format first and then import the file to Windows Outlook.
Let us find out what methods are available to users who wish to import OLM file to Windows Outlook 2021.
How to Import OLM to Outlook Windows?
There are two ways to go about performing data migration from Outlook for Mac to Outlook for Windows:
- Manual Way
- Third-Party Tool
Both have their pros and cons and what you want to choose depends entirely upon your call. Here we will discuss both the methods – the manual method to open OLM file on Windows, and a more efficient automated method to do the same.
Read More: How to Open OLM file in Excel
Quick Solution to Import OLM File to Windows Outlook 2021
To make your task easier to import OLM to Outlook Windows, you need the OLM Converter. This method offers safe and risk-free conversion of OLM data to Outlook Win data file format. Therefore, if you ever need to export your OLM file avoid wasting time and quickly download this software. The tool also provides an option to import OLM to Thunderbird profile directly.
The tool does not need the support of any external application or program for the conversion. Plus, it supports exporting the bulk of OLM files at once. Onee can transfer emails, contacts, calendars, and other data items from the Mac Outlook OLM file.
It converts the .olm file to Outlook-supported file format with all the meta properties intact. You can download the trial version by clicking on the button below.
Steps to Import OLM to Outlook Windows are as follows;
Step 1. Download and Install Yota OLM File Converter Tool.
Step 2. Click on Open and go to Email Data Files. Select Outlook for Mac.
Step 3. Click Export button after previewing the files. Select PST option from the list.
Step 4. Set the destination path to save the file. Now click on the Save button to start the process
Now the files are converted and we can import these files into Windows Outlook.
Import PST file into Outlook for Windows
Step 1. Open MS Outlook for Windows on your computer.
Step 2. Go to File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
Step 3. Select Import file from another program or file option.
Step 4. Click on the Outlook data file and press the Next option.
Step 5. Browse the Windows Outlook file and click on OK and then the Finish button.
So, this is the best and easy way to import OLM to Outlook Windows without data loss.
Best OLM Converter for Mac OS
If you are using the Mac Operating system and you want to convert OLM files to Windows Outlook file then you can install Mac OLM Converter from the below link.
Manual Way to Import OLM File to Windows Outlook 2021
Before doing anything you must need to take the backup of your OLM files. So that if your data is lost due to any reason, you have your backup files. And then follow the below steps:
Step 1. Create and Enabled IMAP account
You have to create an IMAP account to perform this task. When you set up an IMAP account, you can access your mailbox item on different platforms.
- On your computer, open Gmail and click Settings.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the “IMAP Access” section, select Enable IMAP.
- Click Save Changes.
Step 2. Setup and Synchronized Outlook Mac to IMAP Account
- Open Outlook for Mac in your system and select Tools >> Accounts
- Click on the “+” button on the left side of the Account Window pane to add a new account
- Choose the email address pane and enter your email address, password, and user name for your Gmail account
- Enter “imap.gmail.com” as an Incoming Server and choose “Use SSL connect”
- Enter “smtp.gmail.com” as the Outgoing Server
- Check both options below the Outgoing Server and enter the Outgoing port as 465 and then click on Add account
- On the left side of the pane, a yellow button turns green if the password keyed-in is correct and the connection is made.
Step 3. Migrate Outlook Email to Gmail Account
- To migrate the mailbox folder, right-click on it and click Copy.
- Choose the destination folder in Gmail where you want to move that file.
- You can refresh your Gmail account once the uploading process is done.
Step 4. Configure Gmail Account with Windows Outlook
- Open Outlook for Mac and go to File >> Info >> Account Settings
- Then, click on the New icon from the open window
- Select the Additional server type option
- Check the Internet E-mail option and provide the email details
- Here, you need to select IMAP as an account type
- Now, enter imap.gmail.com as an Incoming server and smtp.gmail.com as an Outgoing server
- Click on the More Settings option and select my Outgoing server requires authentication option in the Outgoing Server tab
- Now, enter Incoming Server Port as 993 in the Advanced tab
- Now, choose SSL as an encryption type
- In the Outgoing Server Port, enter 465 as a port number and click OK
- Then, choose Test Account Settings and click Finish
Step 5. Transfer files from Gmail mailbox to Windows Outlook
As you configure a Gmail account with Windows Outlook, you can easily drag and drop all data from the Gmail mailbox to the Outlook mailbox as per your need. Now you know that this is how you can import OLM to Outlook Windows manually.
Disadvantages of Manual Process
- First of all the process is very complex and too lengthy.
- It needs lots of configuration means time-consuming.
- Higher chances of data loss.
- Required technical knowledge.
- It cannot recover corrupt files.
Also Read: How to Import OLM file to Mac Mail
Some Amazing Features of OLM to Outlook Converter Tool
- With this tool, users can easily import OLM file to Windows Outlook 2021. You can convert multiple files or folders in batch mode without losing any important information.
- During the conversion process, the software can instantly transfer OLM files in your desired format and keeps all important e-mail databases in the folder structure and subfolders in their original structure.
- This software is completely self-reliant. This allows the user to perform the conversion without installing any other application. Also, there are no file size limitations imposed by the tool.
- This is the best tool to import OLM to Outlook Windows and has a simple interface that makes it easy for users to manage the software to open OLM files on Windows. The user-friendly application makes it easy for any user to manage the program and complete the migration process.
- This tool is compatible with all the latest versions of Microsoft Windows including Win 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, and more.
Reason to Open OLM file on Windows
One of the major drawbacks of Outlook for Mac is that it has a highly advanced algorithm. So a user must have some technical knowledge to use Mac Outlook. And when it comes to features then MS Outlook for Windows has more features than MS Outlook for Mac.
Also if you have received OLM files from your boss and you need to access those files in your Windows system, then you need to import OLM to Windows Outlook 2021.
In this post, we have discussed two methods of how to import OLM to Outlook Windows. The manual method is time-consuming and has a high chance of data loss. The second method is fully automated and can save the user a considerable amount of time and effort. Therefore, I highly recommend the OLM Converter tool to import OLM file to Windows Outlook desktop client.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1. Can I use this tool to migrate 30 GB of OLM data at once?
Answer. Yes, you can use this tool to transfer all your OLM files to Windows Outlook in a single process.
Question 2. Is this tool capable enough to migrate OLM Contacts and Calendars without any hassle?
Answer. Since it has a separate option to migrate Contacts and Calendars from the OLM file, there will be no issue if you are using the above-suggested tool.
Question 3. Does it require the Mac Outlook platform in order to import OLM to Outlook Windows?
Answer. No, it does not require any other installation. You just need OLM files that you want to migrate into the Windows system.
Question 4. Is this software fully compatible with Mac OS?
Answer. Yes, this tool is developed for both Windows and Mac operating systems to import OLM file into Outlook. You just have to select your version to install the software in your system.
Question 5. Can Outlook for Windows open an OLM file?
Answer. In order to open OLM file on Windows Outlook, you need to first transfer the Outlook Mac OLM file to the Windows Outlook supported file.