If you are planning to Import Gmail Contacts to Office 365, then this article will help you to understand the steps you need to take while migrating Google contacts to Office 365.
This article is very helpful for all those users who are searching for a solution on how to Import Gmail Contacts to Office 365. The answer to this query is described in this blog. Simple and reliable solutions are provided in this article to perform the migration process without any data loss. And, although we’re going to cover a lot of information in a short amount of time, you’ll find detailed information here.
If you are thinking about moving your Google Contacts to Office 365 then you’re probably aware that there are many options available. From Google, you have option to migrate contacts to O365 manually, and from third-party vendors, various tools are available in the market for migrating mailboxes and email archives to Office 365.
SysTools G Suite to Office 365 Migrator performs a safe migration of data from Gmail to Office 365 account. The advanced converter converts the email message content without altering any details. The powerful utility keeps the original email Meta Properties of an email intact. The users will also get a ‘Date Filter’ option to transfer the emails within a specific date range. Plus it also offers a free demo version.
Steps to Import Gmail Contacts to Office 365 are as follows;
Step 1. Run G Suite to Office 365 migrator tool in your system.
Step 2. Log in to the Gmail account by entering your credentials.
Step 3.Enter Office 365 credentials to which you want to migrate your contacts.
Step 4. To migrate the contacts make sure to map source and destination user properly.
Step 5. Click “Start” to begin Google Contacts to the O365 migration process.
This is how you can easily import Google contacts to office 365 account
Key Features of G Suite to Office 365 Migration Tool
- The tool is capable to import Gmail contacts to Office 365 account in bulk without data loss.
- By using the tool, the user can migrate to the Mail, Address book, Calendar & Google Drive Documents into Office 365 platform without altering the data.
- The G Suite to Office 365 Migration Tool retains the original structure of MetaData of an email such as From, Date, Subject, To, etc. After importing Gmail contacts to Office 365, the user will notice that the original structure of MetaData does not alter.
- The advanced software also does not change the actual folder hierarchy of the mailbox data even after completing the migration process.
- The advanced features like Pause & resume, selective migration, Impersonation, Incremental backup, etc. makes this software best in the market.
If you want to import Gmail data and contacts to Office 365 account manually then you have to first export the contacts from Google Apps and then import them into Office 365. See the detailed steps below:
To Export the contacts from Google Apps:
First login to your Gmail account, choose Mail >Contacts
- Select More >Export.
- Select the contact group you want to export.
- Choose the export format Outlook CSV for importing into Outlook and select Export.
- Choose Save As, and browse to a location to save the file.
To Import Gmail contacts into Office 365:
- Choose File > Open & Export > Import/Export in Outlook 365.
- Choose Import from another program or file then click Next.
- Choose Comma Separated Values, cilck Next.
- In the Import a File box, choose the .csv file you saved.
- Choose how you want Outlook to handle duplicate contacts and click Next .
- In the Select a destination folder box, scroll to the top if needed and select the Contacts folder > Next.
- Choose Finish.
Outlook imports your contacts to Office 365 account.
Limitations of Manual Method
- This manual solution is not applicable to bulk migration. You cannot import Google contacts to MS Office 365 in large quantity using this method.
- This method is a time-consuming process. Firstly you have to export the contacts from Gmail and then import them to Office 365.
- Chances of file corruption are high. Even after performing all the migration steps in the correct way, it is not guaranteed that you will be able to view your contacts in Office 365.
Sometimes, you have a situation where you have to shift your data from one cloud-based platform to another. There are many people who want to move their Google contacts to Office 365 for various purposes. Therefore, to help out all the users, we have discussed the manual as well as the automated method in the above article. The manual method has its own limitations so if you also don’t want to lose your valuable data then you should go with the automated methods. And to import Gmail contacts to Office 365, SysTools G suite to Office 365 migrator is the best tool in the market.
Try the Demo Version