EDB format and Mac files are very different from each other. The EDB files are exchange database files that store files on Exchange server whereas Mac mail supports files in MBOX format. If you want to import EDB to Mac Mail, then you can use EDB to MBOX Converter tool.
The Quick Solution
Exchange EDB to MBOX Converter is an efficient tool that will help you to migrate EDB emails into MBOX format and also allow you to import EDB files to Mac Mail.
Reasons for Converting EDB files to MBOX
- Users want to convert EDB to MBOX format because they can switch their email servers from Exchange Server to Apple Mail.
- If users want to change their computer from Windows OS to Mac OS then also they need to import EDB files to Mac mail and for this, they need to convert the EDB files to MBOX.
Systools EDB to MBOX Converter Tool provides the best solution in repairing corrupt or damaged Exchange EDB files and restores the mailboxes into MBOX. It helps to view Mailbox data from the MBOX files using email clients including Mac Mail. It supports MS Exchange Server Recovery for 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 corrupt and unmounted database.
Key Features of EDB to MBOX Converter Tool:
- Exports all EDB file mailboxes to individual MBOX files.
- Recovers Exchange EDB file of any size, no file size limitation.
- Preserve meta properties and all the information within EDB file such as Inbox mails, messages with attachment, calendar and journals, etc.
- Repairs and retrieves corrupted Exchange EDB and deleted emails from Exchange mailboxes.
- Preview the EDB file with all important data in the software panel.
- Maintains the folder structure and hierarchy as similar to the original EDB file.
- Provides filter option such as date/time,subject, attachments, and from/to address in the PST extraction
- Supports 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 Exchange versions
- Option to choose selective EDB mailboxes and folders that has to be migrated to MBOX format.
How to convert EDB to MBOX using Systools EDB to MBOX Converter?
Following steps suggests converting EDB to MBOX
- Download and Launch the EDB to MBOX Converter Tool.
- Browse the EDB file that you want to recover and convert. Click the ‘Continue’
- Now select the files or folders that you want to convert by selecting Add File or Add Folder.
- Click the ‘Export’ button to convert EDB to MBOX.
Steps to import EDB to Mac Mail:
Now you have successfully export EDB files to MBOX format that is supported by Mac OS.
- First of all, launch Apple Mail.
- Then select Import Mailboxes from the File Menu.
- Select Files in MBOX format option and click Continue.
- Now you have to select the files and folders that you have exported earlier. And click Continue.
- There you have successfully import EDB to Mac Mail.
At times, there comes a need among Windows users to convert EDB files to MBOX and they need to import EDB file to Mac Mail. In order to tackle this issue, this blog describes the conversion process of EDB files to MBOX format in an effective way. If you don’t want to lose your data, it is best suggested to opt the automated tool to transfer Exchange EDB files to MBOX. By availing the converter tool, one can easily import the EDB files to Mac Mail that too with preserved folder structure.