- What is Rootkit?
- How Rootkits Work?
- Types of Rootkits
- Best Tools to Remove Rootkit
It is always advisable for everyone to use best rootkit remover tools or best anti rootkit tools for your PC. The creators of viruses and malware are always comes up with a new idea of creating Malware. These virus creators always tries to gain access to your computer system and other internet enabled devices such as Smartphones and Tablets. Rootkit is one of the type of a virus.
What is Rootkit?
A Rootkit is a set of program or tools that gives rootkit creators access to control over computer system. Most of the Rootkit programs open a backdoor to install malicious software, viruses, ransomware, keylogger, and other kinds of malware.
How Rootkits can be installed?
Rootkits can be installed in number of methods. These ways includes phishing attacks, social engineering attacks or they tried to trick users to install rootkit on their system. Most of the time these rootkit gives cyber criminals administrator access to computer machines.
How Rootkits Work?
Rootkits can not be spread by themselves. They need clandestine method to infect your computer. These viruses spread by hiding in a software which seems to be working fine and will actually works. When users gives them permission to be installed on their system, the rootkits installed secretively on your system.
Types of Rootkits
- Kernel Mode Rootkit
- User Mode Rootkit
- Bootkit or Bootloader Rootkit
- Firmware Rootkit
How to Remove Rootkit from you Computer System?
There are anti rootkit tools available for removing rootkit from your System forever. We have tested many tools for this task and brings the list of best rootkit remover tools for you. We also categorized them as paid and free rootkit removers. Check out the list of these software to remove rootkits from your PC.
Best Paid Rootkit Remover For Your PC
Here is a list of Best Paid Rootkit Remover tools for your PC:
1. ZoneAlarm Extreme Security
Zone Alarm ranks first in the list of the best rootkit removal tools. It is one of the most accurate and powerful anti-malware programs that can extensively scan, detect, remove and block malware and unwanted ad pop-ups. They worked with advanced technology that detects and reacts to even stubborn rootkits to successfully remove them. For online protection and security against viruses and Trojans, this is the most recommended antivirus. If you have any queries, the 24/7 help desk will provide custom fixes for specific malware problems that may be specific to your computer.
Why We Like It?
- You get real time security updates that keeps you fully protected.
- Successfully detect ransomware attacks, block them immediately.
- Protect your password stealing or keystrokes recording.
- Makes you invisible to the hackers and prevents all attacks; inbound/outbound.
- Powerful real-time antivirus detection against newly emerged threats.
- Free Demo is also available to check the efficiency of the tool.
BitDefender provides excellent protection and performance having some awesome features. This is one of the best antivirus that is able to detect stubborn ransomware threats in comparison to other antivirus software. It can block networking threats and stop dangerous apps from being installed, includes webcam protection, and comes with browser add-ons that rate site safety and can block banner ads.
- Provide complete protection against malware threats.
- Multilayer protection against rootkits to keep your files safe.
- Unbeatable performance against scanning and detection.
- Real-time protection against online banking and fraudulent website.
- 24*7 consumer support.
3. Watchdog Anti-Malware Software
Watchdog anti-malware is the new addition and one of the best rootkit remover and antivirus program that is sufficient to scan and detects most of the malware threats that can harm your computer. It’s advanced programming is able to block all the trojans, malicious websites and apps before their downloads and hence provide better security to your device.
- Provides good support against malwares.
- Advanced security tools including parental controls.
- Having password managers and anti-theft tools.
- Excellent ransomware protection before they start executing.
- Can protect upto 5 devices successfully.
- Have many layers of protection against malwares.
4. Advanced SystemCare 14 PRO
Advanced SystemCare 14 PRO is one of the best anti rootkit tool that delivers excellent protection from malwares and rootkits with a moderate performance impact, but it has some extra features. It has an ability to scan, detect and block fraudulent programs within a few minutes.
- Detects malware & online threats in real time
- Anonymizes & encrypts your web browsing
- Speeds up your computers & mobile phones
- Generates & remembers passwords for you
5. Norton Antivirus
When it comes to internet security, Norton Antivirus offers the complete protection to your devices without slowing them down. It’s a powerful and best anti rootkit tool that ensures the real time protection against viruses and malicious programs. This software uses one of the best scanner and provides better protection against malwares.
- Very good Rootkit protection tool.
- Small system impact during scans.
- Lots of features for affordable range of pricing.
- Automatic Gamer mode is available for those who loves to play games.
- Phishing, spam filters, password managers are also available.
Best Free Rootkit Remover For Your Computer
Here is a list of best freeware tools to remove rootkit from your PC…
1. Norton Power Eraser
Norton Power Eraser is a free, powerful software that is able to remove stubborn malicious threats that are not easily detected by a normal antivirus software. This is the best rootkit remover tool that is especially designed for in-depth analysis of your device and find out the dangerous threats that are causing harm to your PC.
- Free malware software to scan, detect and remove hidden viruses.
- No installation is required, hence faster scanning.
- Provides you File Insights database.
- Offers to restore the deleted files also.
- Powerful tool to clean USB memory sticks.
2. Avast! aswMBR
Avast is one of the best free antivirus program available for Windows. Due to its powerful antispyware engine, it provides better protection against rootkits and other malware that can seriously damage your device. It is very easy to install and so lightweight on your device. But, Avast free antivirus software uses pop up method for showing warnings about threat detection which can be quite frustrating. Also it shows lots of popup ads.
- Fully functional anti-virus engine.
- Do Not Disturb Mode blocks distracting popups in between games.
- Smart scan allows finding all the malware from unsafe sites.
- Easy to install and effortless to use.
3. Malwarebytes Anti Rootkit Beta
Malwarebytes Anti Rootkit Beta is a free rootkit remover tool that can scan, detect and block rootkit that are hidden in your device and harmful to it.
- Scan faster and smarter.
- Safe and reliable detection and removal of rootkit and malware.
- Provide protection from advanced anti-rootkit technology.
- Protect you from fraudulent websites.
4. Panda Anti-Rootkit
Panda Security’s free antivirus program, Panda Anti-Rootkit, installs in minutes and has a minimal design. It does not affect system performance while blocking malicious threats to keep your system secure, so it is worth trying for best anti rootkit tools.
- Efficiently scan your device for hidden threats in running process.
- Able to detect and block rootkits and other malware successfully.
- Provide protection against data theft.
- Offers very detailed scan and report.
- Friendly user interface.
5. McAfee RootkitRemover (Intel Security)
McAfee is one of the best free Rootkit Remover and has advanced technology to detect malicious rootkits. It is able to remove them without burdening your system. Currently, it can remove Zero Access and TDSS family of rootkits. McAfee is planning to add more coverage in future coming software.
- Able to detect and remove rootkit.
- Examine the whole system within a few minutes.
- User friendly program.
- Simple to use.
6. Emsisoftncy Kit
Emsisoft is a free all-in-one tool to identify and removes any malicious threat and suspicious sites, viruses, rootkit, worms, spyware, trojans, adware, bots, ransomware, and other threats that even the best antivirus suite can oftentimes miss. This is the best free rootkit remover tool that will quickly show if your PC is infected with malicious software.
- No installation is required.
- Powerful dual scanner for deep analysis.
- Ideal for USB flash drive.
- Easy to use program.
- Able to remove stubborn rootkit.
Reasons to go for Paid Version of Best Rootkit Remover Tools
Though it is the best antivirus software which provides solid protection against ransomware and rootkits, it lacks some advanced features which are only offered by their premium programs which include parental control, block hackers with advanced firewall, password manager, phishing filters and multi-layer protection.