How to Backup Gmail Emails with Attachments to External Hard Drive
If you are looking for a solution to backup Gmail emails along with attachments so that you won’t lose your data in case your Gmail Account got hacked or something. Then here, the easiest solution has been discussed.
The Quick Solution
Try Yota Gmail Backup Tool to save all your Gmail account data along with attachments and images directly to your hard drive.
Gmail application is used by the majority of users as an email sharing platform for personal and professional purposes. Gmail has given amazing user experience to its clients from the past many years with its simpler user interface. I am also using a Gmail account from the last 13 years. And that means there is a lot of stuff that has been stored in my Google Account. And since this email client also limits some storage space so you need to save Gmail emails to your computer, so that you don’t lose your valuable data. Now the question is how to backup Gmail emails with attachments in hard drive effectively. We will get back to it later but first lets us understand the dire need of saving Gmail emails to desktop.
Here are some situations when downloading Gmail Backup can be lifesaver
- Your Gmail account could be hacked by some hackers. Can you imagine what would you do if you don’t have any backups of your Gmail emails.
- Or, you don’t have enough space in Gmail account and you have to delete all your old emails so that there could be some space for new emails. Taking Gmail backup can be helpful in that situation also.
There can be multiple ways to backup Gmail emails with attachments in hard drive. In this article, we will be discussing two methods to save Gmail backup to a computer.
- Manual method to download Gmail Archive to Desktop
- An expert solution to save Gmail emails to Hard Drive
Method 1: Download Gmail to Hard Drive Manually- Using Google Takeout
- Login to your Gmail account using login credentials or click the link https://myaccount.google.com and select your Gmail ID from which you want to migrate mailbox data in case of Multiple Gmail accounts.
- Now select Data and Personalization option and go to Download, delete, or make a plan for your data section.
- Click on Download Your Data option. Here you will see a long list of items that you can download and save in your system. But if you want to save Gmail emails only then deselect all other items accept Mail option. Click Next.
- Now there are many options given, you can select the Export type, File type (.zip or .tgz), Archive size (1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 10GB or 50GB), etc. Click Create Export option.
And this is how your Gmail export process will start.
Limitations of Manual Way
The above method is free. But it has some limitations like:
- The whole process is quite complex and time-consuming. You must be aware of some technical background while opting for this solution.
- If the process is interrupted prematurely due to a power failure or loss of internet connectivity, you will need to recreate the backup file from scratch.
- Also, if you’re using the Google Takeout method, there aren’t many options for saving Gmail backups on your hard drive. You can save Gmail emails to MBOX format only. Then you have to convert those MBOX files to PST, if you want to open them on Windows Outlook, for instance.
Method 2: Use Gmail Backup Tool- Best way to save Gmail Backup
If you want to backup Gmail emails with attachments to external hard drive instantly then try Gmail Backup Wizard. It’s a professional tool to download all Gmail emails to hard drive without any delay. You will get 100% accurate and instant results every single time. Also, all the limitation issues mentioned above, are solved using this Gmail backup tool. Let’s see how to backup Gmail emails with attachments to external hard drive
Steps to Backup Gmail Emails with Attachments in Hard Drive are as follows:
Step 1. Launch and Run Gmail Backup Tool. It will open a wizard in which you have to enter your login credentials.
Step 2. Here, the tool displays many options, you can select the desired folder. To migrate contacts from Gmail account you can select Contact option.
Step 3. Now, select the desired saving file format. For instance, if you want to backup Gmail and save in PST format then select PST option. Set the destination path using Browse button. From there, you can select the external hard drive path that you have connected to your PC.
Step 4. From Filter option select the required folders and you can also apply date range filter to save backup from Gmail of particular time range.
Step 5. Finally, click Start to start downloading Gmail emails to desktop location.
Why This Tool is Unique?
Gmail Email Backup Tool is an ultimate solution that can freely migrate 25 items from emails from one account to different file formats. Its best advantage is that it can export Gmail emails to PST, MBOX, EML, MSG, and PDF format. It has a self-explanatory wizard using which one can select the emails and backup them within a couple of moments. Also, it can save selected Gmail emails to your desired format without any hassle if you don’t want to migrate the entire mailbox.
- How to Export Gmail Emails to PST with Easy Steps?
- How to Save Multiple Gmail emails as PDF format with Attachments?
You can manually save Gmail backup files to your computer using Google Takeout in MBOX format. But the software suggested here can export Gmail mailbox data to other popular file formats. Also, it provides many advanced filtering and saving options like Incremental Backup, Delete After Download option. Also, you can export 25 items from each Google account to different file formats.